Thursday, January 9, 2014

Back it Up...

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  2014 has got to slow down because I haven't even finished updating you all on the end of 2013.  Better late than never….

After my birthday, there was a whirlwind of December events starting w/ Grandma & Grandpa's return visit to Maryland!  I love when they are here - we get special treats from Grandpa, Grandma gives the best back rubs and we spend more time in the playroom coming up w/ festivals and playing school and hide and seek than the whole rest of the year combined.  Plus, this time during their visit was the lead-up to Christmas so Grandma, Cam & I got to make cookies, we all got to look for Elfie every morning and we got ready for Santa's visit.   There was also the Holiday Program at our school and I was soooo excited about it!  Cam and I practiced in our classes for weeks before the big day and when it finally came, I just couldn't wait for everyone to see it.  Mom & Dad enjoyed it so much that they didn't want to miss any of it by taking pictures, but I have a DVD that you can watch when you come to my house to visit.  Just ask.  I would love to see it anytime with you.

Making candy wreaths w/ Grandma
That same weekend I performed in my first-ever Christmas pageant at church.  I was a sheep.  I totally rocked it.  I love the songs that we learned and I still sing them every once in while, and I may even be able to tell you an abridged version of the Christmas story.  Again, just ask.  I love to talk.

We also decided to check out the Hershey Park Holiday light display this year.  The park is open and some of the rides are even running for you to enjoy while you stroll and look at the lights.  We had a really good time - I think we may try to make that an annual visit - as long as the weather is in the 60's each time we go!
Grandpa & Cam





 Finally, Christmas Eve came and we opened our family gifts.  Some of my favorites are a real microphone (which I could then use to announce whose turn it was to open gifts for the rest of the evening), a for-real camera of my very own, a new dance party game for the Wii and fuzzy new stuffed alpacas (Cam calls them "packages") which we each got from Uncle Phil.  Cam's favorites are a princess castle, a Hug-Me Elmo and her Barbie mermaid which has made it into every bath since Christmas!  Then, that night, Grandpa and I set out some snacks for Santa (milk and cookies) and his reindeer (a bowl of water and blueberries).


 And do you know what?  He must have really liked the treats because he ate them all up AND left us some great presents - including adopting a real penguin for us from the Maryland Zoo!  He remembered we asked for penguins!!!  He also left us an awesome stomp-it rocket for outside, a guitar for me and a scooter for Campbell.  We had loads of fun playing w/ all our new things Christmas Day and enjoyed spending some good quality time w/ our family.

A few days later we packed our bags for a visit w/ the Kanning cousins in sunny AZ.  More on that soon.  Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment