Monday, February 9, 2009

February 9, 2009



Well, we made it to Las Vegas a few weeks ago and are slowly settling in to our new home. The trip was great (I think) - I slept through 9 different states. On our way here, we stopped in Tucson to see some friends and I got to meet all kinds of new people (and puppies). Along the way, I started smiling a lot. I just started doing it one day and I noticed people get really excited and smile back at me. It's a nice way to spend a few minutes before I do some Pilates (see pic) and catch some shut eye. I usually like to catch some z's with Briggsy (see pic). I've also expanded my vocabulary to "ooh" and some happy squeals.

Our new house is very nice. I think Briggs really likes the stairs - I can hear her running up and down them all day. It usually sounds like she's falling down the stairs with each trip. Mom & Dad have the best room in the house with a great view of the Valley lights. I think they appreciate the views and I usually try to give them a different perspective during the nights... sometimes they see the lights at 3 am, sometimes at 4 am. The other morning, I forgot about the lights and I slept all the way until 6:15am; but I've been mindful lately to make sure Mom knows what 4:30am looks like from her bedroom window. She doesn't have to thank me, it's my pleasure!

Today I had my 2-month check up. Here are my stats: 11lbs, 14 oz; 22 3/4 inches. I've gained over 3 lbs and grown 1.5 inches since I came home from the hospital. I also got some vaccinations - no one told me they would hurt! But it didn't seem to interfere with my nap shortly after, so I won't hold anyone accountable. I'm sure that was a one-time deal...

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you made it back to the west coast. Shea looks great. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic with Briggs is adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to finally meet you and to seeing your Mom and Dad. It's been a long time.

    Love,
    Cookie

    ReplyDelete