Friday, February 20, 2009

Busy, busy, busy





Well, I have to apologize for my absence from the blog. We've been busy exploring our new city. Mom and Dad took Briggs and me to the Red Rock State Park 2 weeks ago for a hike. It was unusually cold (and snowy) that weekend, so Briggs felt right at home. And thanks to Uncle Steve and Auntie Liz, I was warm and toasty in my snow suit. That's me in the Baby Bjorn w/ Daddy. Aside from checking out our new surroundings, I've been working hard on rolling over...a new milestone was reached last week - I can make it to my left side - although I need a nudge to get back over. I've also found my hands! I can hold them together in the middle of my body, I can reach out and bat things, and I even grabbed on to one of those hangy-things from my activity mat (see pic). All this work wears me out, so I'm sleeping more regularly to keep up my energy. I still get a little hungry around 4am (who doesn't?), but I now wake up smiley and bright each morning around 7 am. Mom brought the camera in this morning b/c she said it's her favorite time of day (and mornings were never her "thing" before)! So she took some pics of me in my crib. I'm so glad to wake up surrounded by my fluffy friends and familiar pictures again! We finally feel settled in our new home and are ready for visitors!!! Hope to see you all soon.

1 comment:

  1. Shea - Only you could make your mom a morning person!! Good job!! Can you get your friend Amelia to sleep past 5:30 AM?? We're so happy that you're settled in and so happy. Lots of love from the Smith Family!

    ReplyDelete