Thursday, September 10, 2009

Amelia comes to visit

Last weekend, some of Mom & Dad's good friends from Chicago came for a visit. We were busy, busy, busy while they were here. Auntie Denise went to First Friday w/ us at Dad's work. I tried to tell her that there is a strict pajama-only rule, but when we got there, the only ones in their pj's were Dad's work friends. I made it up to her and convinced Dad to let her sit in his plane. She was pretty excited (and I think Unlce Smitty was a little jealous)! Saturday morning Auntie Denise made us waffles.
Then we took a trip to the Hoover Dam to check out the progress on the bridge. The supporting arch is now complete and it was a beautiful day to spend some time in the sun.
We worked up an appetite and stopped at A & W for a snack. That's where Amelia decided she missed her car seat and wanted to try out mine...
Sunday we celebrated the reaffirmation of my baptism. I was really good in church and even tried to sing some hymns (even when no one else was singing) and then we went out for brunch where I kept myself busy w/ paper napkins, plastic spoons and a box of crayons.
We came home and had some great pool time before Mom & Dad and Smitty & Denise had their "date night." All that meant to me is that Nama & Papa were in charge for a few hours... Yay!
What a great weekend full of fun times, good memories and great friends. I love when we have sleepovers at the house. Who's coming out next?

No comments:

Post a Comment