Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Vacation, Part 1

We had a FANTASTIC Christmas vacation! We spent the first half of the trip in the Midwest, with stops in Chicago, Milwaukee and Green Lake, WI. Uncle Steve & Aunt Lizzie were great hosts for Christmas Eve dinner. I had some of the yummy snacks, but couldn't keep my eyes open for dinner, but I got to eat the leftover the next day for lunch... Mmm, good! Cousin AJ was so sweet to share her toys w/ me and even gave me a teddy bear for Christmas that I love! It was so nice to have the whole family together!!!

The weather held up for our trip, but started to dump some snow in Milwaukee after Christmas. It was my first experience w/ snow pants and sleds. I think I held up pretty well...




The other fun thing about WI are all the fun toys at Grandma & Grandpa's house. They have Christmas decorations in every room, especially to keep little ones like me entertained. I loved the dancing penguins:



We had a chance to visit Uncle Ron & Auntie Anne's cabin in Green Lake with all the Oldenburg cousins. It was my first time meeting my Great-grandparents. I had a blast running around that place!


Dad even had the chance to go to the Monday Night Football game Vikings vs Bears. He said his fingers were too cold to get a blog-worthy picture, but I know he had a great time w/ Uncle Smitty.

As you can see, we were very busy and made the most of our time, but my adventure was just beginning. Part 2 of the update is still to come... Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment