Monday, June 7, 2010

Free Hugs!

I have recently taken up a new hobby - hugging. Lately, I can't get enough of it, especially when it comes to hugging Briggs. Every morning after I finish breakfast, I come down from my high chair and run straight over to give Briggs a hug. I think Briggs was a little confused by this at first and thought I was bringing her some left-over food, but she seems to be mildly satisfied by my hugs at any rate. After breakfast last Saturday, Mom made me take off my pj top that had some extra yogurt on there for Briggs, but that didn't stop me from running over to give her a hug (Warning: turn down your volume!):


I also love hugging my stuffed animals. Yesterday, I picked up Violet, put her up to my shoulder, patted her on the back and said, "Hi, Baby." (Editor's note: Where does she learn this stuff?) And all those "Hi's" I was giving to Mommy a few weeks ago have now taken to the streets - particularly when we're in the grocery store I like to say "hi" to all the fellow shoppers. Some are very cheerful and say hi back - others I think maybe didn't hear me the first 3 times so I say it LOUDER for them. That usually does the trick. Generally, I've found that a good ol' fashioned "hi" can get a smile out of almost anyone. I've tried this theory out on Mommy when she looks a little upset w/ me after I've thrown some of my lunch on the floor. I look at her and say, "Hi... hi.... hi. Mama, HI!!! I think it's a pretty good apology, don't you?

I'm also saying more and more things. I can say "please" ("peas") and "thank you" ("chi choo"). And know how to ask for my favorite song "Patty Cake" ("rrooollll"). And I've even learned some of the names of the kids in my day care class and can say goodbye to them when I leave each day. All in all, I think all my talking is wearing out Briggs. She's constantly looking for a quiet place to take a nap. I'll let her sleep for a bit, but I'll be sure to wake her w/ a big hug and, "Hi, Bizzy"Last, but not least, a Happy 91st Birthday to Grandma Renee! I miss you and, of course, I am sending some hugs your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment