Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

A day late on the post because we spent a great weekend in Scottsdale w/ Nama, Papa, and the Mahars (aka Grammy Barb and Papa Bob). Boy, did I have fun in AZ. I got to go "side" anytime I wanted since there was always somebody out there. And once all the sleepy-heads got up in the morning, I had someone new to hug each day. I tried the "wa" (pool) out and once I finally got the hang of kicking and splashing, I started to have quite a bit of fun on the first step.

I also got the chance to visit w/ Uncle Narly and Aunt Kim on Sunday. They drove up from Tucson just to help me plant my "garden" in the sippy cup and be my pillow when I wasn't quite awake yet after naptime - good thing they were there.

All in all, Mommy said I was a great traveler and earned a "gold star" for the trip. I'm actually starting to run out of storage room for these gold stars! We took a picture w/ Nama & Papa before we left. Ten minutes after this picture was taken I fell asleep in the car on the ride home.

When we arrived home we collected Briggs from our neighbor and while I was eating dinner, I leaned over my high chair to see Briggs sitting under me and said, "Hi Briggsy" and blew her kisses because I missed her so much (where was the video camera when you need it?).

Finally, I want to say a huge I LOVE YOU and THANK YOU to my Daddy on this Memorial Day for serving to protect the freedom of me, Mommy, Briggsy, our families and even those people we don't know. He is my hero and I love him very much. Hugs & kisses to you, Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment