Monday, June 28, 2010

Seattle Trip

Wow - where to start? Somehow we managed a very relaxing vacation with a lot of fun activities. First, I want to say "chi choo" to my new friends Shawn and Sandra for putting up with our family for a full week. We had a great time and can't wait to repay the hospitality!

The trip started with a ferry trip across the Puget Sound - I had a great time running around and getting to know my couple hundred fellow passengers. Since we took a number of trips back and forth, I perfected the word "boat," searched for fish and generally enjoyed making everyone's day by greeting them individually.


In Seattle, we went to the Public Market - famous for the flying fish that get tossed around the market. No fishies for me. I was only interested in the nanas.


Bainbridge Island - great downtown with lots of coffee shops, restaurants and a super playground with the coolest tire swing - loved it!


We spent a great afternoon at the Tacoma zoo where I saw an elephant getting a bath, tigers guarding their territory, a 3500lb walrus making the rounds in his play area and I fed some dwarf goats - they kind of reminded me of Briggsy.


But I didn't miss Briggsy too much because I had Deuce and Smalls at the house to give hugs and kisses and tease with my cheese sticks. We really had such a great visit. It's safe to say that I love Seattle! Can't wait for my next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment