Saturday, March 12, 2011

Chuck E Cheese

For my last weekend as an only child, Mom & Dad are really stepping it up. After a battle of wills during the 2 hrs I was supposed to be taking a nap (technically, I did stay in bed most of the time), we got ready and went out to dinner at Chuck E Cheese's. What a great place! Not only do they serve almost exclusively one of my favorite dishes, but they have a giant mouse walking around the restaurant to play with you. I tried to follow him into the kitchen area, but I guess they frown upon that b/c Mom chased after me and said I had to wait until he came back out. They also have all kinds of games and fun things to do there. I started off the night great and came back to the table w/ a handful of tickets; after recharging with 2 pieces of pizza, I headed for the school bus and car rides.

After trying to whack some moles, I decided I wanted to check out the matrix of tunnels which culminated in a tunnel slide. Mom wasn't too worried at first since I couldn't make it up the first ladder on my own. But apparently I made a bigger friend along the way who was able to help me up, but had a harder time convincing me to come down. After searching the tunnels from down below, Mom finally saw me not at all calmly trying to figure out how to get down. It took some negotiating and some big kids corraling me toward the slide, but I finally made it down into Mommy's arms. Here is a picture of all the fun I was having right up to that point in the tunnels:

After sinking some ducks and a few great games of skee ball, the tunnel was long forgotten and I got to ride the pony before we left. Dad had to stay close b/c I was so tired that I almost fell asleep in the saddle while the ride was running.


Even more exciting than my visit to Chuck E Cheese was the news of the arrival of my newest cousin, Mia Elizabeth. Uncle Steve and Auntie Liz must be so proud... We're so happy and can't wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment