Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Where did May go?

We had a fun Memorial Day weekend around here as Nama came to watch us as Mom and Dad went off to find us a great new home in Baltimore. Nama brought reinforcements in her friend Grammy Barb. I don't know why she needed a teammate, I told her that I would help out w/ Campbell; but it turns out that Grammy Barb is a lot of fun so I'm glad she was here too. We checked out a new indoor playground and a different park by the house. I loved the slide that emptied into the ball pit! Campbell gave the grandmas a run for their money, but with all their experience they were able to tame even Campbell's boisterous "talking." By the time Mom & Dad got back from their trip, I think Nama & Grammy Barb were ready for some peace and quiet.

Mom & Dad have been diligently practicing their potty training skills. I indulge them when I'm not too busy - usually watching Sprout or relocating my toys from room to room. I've given them just enough encouragement to keep going as I've asked to go to the bathroom at a birthday party, in Target, at the grocery store and even when I was in the bath tub... and then I have days when I just do not want to sit on that cold, loud, scary toilet. So, for now, they're still in training mode.

While Dad was gone last month for a few weeks, we had a good time around here since it was kid-watching by committee. I saw lots of my good friends Katharine and Ethan (and E's little brother, Everett), and their mommies of course! We played hard at the park and even attempted a Movie Night at my house, but it was very short-lived:I knew there were cupcakes in the kitchen so Movie Night came to an abrupt end:

Cam is doing great and even was sleeping 10 hrs at night before her most recent apparent growth spurt hit. She's bright-eyed for a few short hours in the morning and works hard at cooing and gurgling as she pivots around her blanket. She's even close to rolling over! I'm so proud of her, but she has those moments where I just have to cover my ears b/c she is so L-O-U-D. Even after I bring her all her toys, she still is not happy:


I'll keep you posted on the house hunt, but Mom & Dad have put in an offer on a great house and we're waiting to see what happens. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment