Monday, July 4, 2011

Phase 1 Complete

A thousand pardons for my absence from Shea's Place lately... we've been in a slow transitional phase of the next move and it has taken up the majority of my time. Mom says it was time we left Vegas anyway. Last month we drove by a billboard for "Thunder from Down Under" and I asked "Where their shirts, Mom?" That's when she knew it was time for our family to pack up and head for more kid-friendly environments. After a terrific farewell from Dad's squadron friends, Mom and I loaded up Campbell and Papa and flew out to Minnesota w/ all of my most important wordly possessions in tow - Hugsy, White Bear, Animal Blankie and a "machie." The flight was really fun, but Papa kept blocking the window so I couldn't see much. Campbell slept the whole way so she missed out on the views, too, but Mom had a big smile on her face when we landed because we were all so good! Dad and Briggsy met us after their long car trip and Phase 1 of the move was under way. Minnesota has been so much fun w/ things going on all the time thanks to our Events Planner Auntie Fozie. She made sure August and ran ourselves straight into nap and bedtime every night. After a few trials of "sleepover" in August's bed, everyone (except me and Augs) decided it would be best if I slept downstairs w/ Mom. While we've been here I've gone to the "beach," the zoo, Playworks, the pool, and to a movie (just to name a few things). Cousin Truman had his first birthday party, too. All in all, I've had a pretty great trip so far even though I miss my friends and house in Las Vegas. I'm getting excited for Phase 2 which will take me and Mom and Cam to Grandma & Grandpa's house while Dad closes up shop in Las Vegas. Here are some great pics from the trip:


Cousins' Day at the Zoo


August & Me














Learning the ropes of lawn mowing




Happy Birthday, Truman!





On a somber note, my great-Grandpa Ward passed away peacefully last week after a hard-fought battle w/ cancer. Grandpa Ward will be greatly missed, but I'm so glad I had the chance to play w/ him one last time with the whole family a few months ago for his and Grandma Sis's anniversary. He was 92 and his legacy lives on in all of us. Rest in Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment