Friday, September 20, 2013

Politics

I have been sharpening my negotiation skills lately.  Here are a few examples:

At the breakfast table, choosing between the pink plate and the green plate...
Me: I want the pink plate!
Cam: No, I want pink!
Me: No, Campbell, don't you want green?  You like green.
Cam: No, pink!
Me: But, Cam, green is the color of the grass and trees.
Cam:  Ok!  I want green!

Driving in the car w/ Mom, Grandma & Grandpa...
Mom: Shea, how did you sleep last night?
Me: Great!  I think it was all those sweets I ate from Grandpa that filled my tummy up.  Maybe I should have sweets for dinner tonight, too, then I will sleep really well?!?

I'm also practicing some motor skills in the pool and yesterday I learned, and basically knocked out of the park, the elementary back stroke; otherwise known around the pool as the "tickle-T."  My teacher even told Mom after the session that I was a "coach's dream!"  I'm not really sure what that means but it put a big smile on Mom's face so that must be good.  I took the opportunity to ask if that means I get a prize from swim class.  Apparently no prizes were offered.

In other breaking news, Cam's hair is now long enough for pigtails and pony tails.  Mom's morning routine just got a little bit longer...



Also, I have been putting in some work earning some cash for the Build A Bear store so that I can buy some outfits for my Little Pony that I made.  Grandpa would be so proud!


For Labor Day we decided to go exploring a bit and found this great hidden gem of a park in Bethesda.  They have old pavillions set up as arts and performance classrooms, art galleries and there is also a 1920s original carousel that is the hit of the venue:


Working on my knitting loom
After the park, I wanted to see the White House so we made the short trip into DC and walked along the National Mall.  Turns out, I may have been a bit over-ambitious w/ my planning.  It was a long, hot day:


Luckily, Cam helped me out and loaned me a seat in her stroller.  Thanks, Cam!


We're still two peas in a pod - "She's the pea, and I'm the pod"


1 comment:

  1. Hey Lisa, it's Pat. Hope you don't mind me taking a peek. Your girls are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete