Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Arizona pictures

Can you tell it's a snow day around here?  We had a late start to school because of a bit of an ice storm so we had a few free hours to catch up on the blog and boy, did we need it!  I look at these AZ pictures w/ Campbell all the time on the computer so I'm glad to finally be sharing them w/ everyone.  We had so much fun visiting Nama in Arizona that I really did not want to leave.  I wanted to stay w/ Nama.  I wanted to stay so much that once we arrived back home, I packed my and Campbell's bags and we got ready to go to the airport to return to AZ.  I had an entire plan in place that included looking for a new home, w/ a pool.  I think we would have made it if the toy stroller in which I was pushing Cam hadn't broken on the way from "parking to the shuttle."  Mom put a little wrench in my plans by fixing it was rainbow-colored duct tape... I was completely distracted by putting duct tape on EVERYTHING and forgot about our plane ride.  I still miss AZ and its warm weather and abundant swimming pools - so don't think I've completely forgotten about it.  I still talk about visiting there again often.  Mom has to remind me, though, that it may not be that much fun w/o my cousins there.  We found a sweet new park right near Nama & Papa's that we had all to ourselves one day.  Auntie Fozie ran us through some warm ups then Dad & Uncle Jeremy were in charge of organized games: Ships Across the Ocean, tumbling practice, freeze tag, baseball and an ultimate obstacle course!  We had so much fun we even had other kids joining in our group - they probably thought we were a day camp given how many of us were out there.  After a morning park visit or desert hike, we would head back to Nama's for lunch and pool time (my favorite time of the day).  Cam is really getting used to being on her own in the water and I started working on diving for rings.  Dad was proud of our emerging pool skills.  I keep telling them that we should have a pool in Maryland, but no one has really joined my cause.





Me, Juliet, Hope and Campbell

Cam & Cousin August


Diving for rings

Our gracious host, Nama

Christmas Lights at the Princess Resort

Snuggles w/ Truman

A New Year's Eve movie
Another successful cousin visit which means we all came home tired and looking forward to the next get-together!  Mom & Dad prefer to keep it in our time zone next time so they don't have to keep us under wraps from wake up at 5am until the house starts buzzing.  Also, next time I will do a better job of regulating my cookie in-take prior to bed so that my roommate doesn't have to do a midnight clean up when said cookies get tossed (Thanks, Nama).   Next update will cover my visit to WI and more cousin-time!  I just love cousin-time!

No comments:

Post a Comment