Wednesday, June 25, 2014

DC with Natalia

What a great day touring Washington, DC with Natalia and Nama!  We spent some hours at the Museum of Natural History where I asked Mom some tough questions about the "monkey-people" that lived long, long ago.  Mom looked around for an informative movie on evolution but had to settle for a linear graph on the wall of how homo sapiens progressed over time.  I am still not convinced... thankfully, I was more concerned about meeting up at the huge whale in the event anyone got lost or separated.  Campbell's favorite part was seeing the penguin model and my favorite was walking with the dinosaurs.  After the museum we spent some time at the National Mall eating a hot dog, playing tag and polishing our dance skills... well, Campbell and I danced.  I think Nat was little embarrassed by us!
Washington Monument

Bust a Move







The White House
We were so happy to have Natalia here for the week and I will head back to MN with her and Nama for a fun-filled week with the cousins!  Campbell will reign the house while I am gone and I'm sure I am leaving the place in good hands since I have trained her well.   We're thinking we will have an annual summer rotation to enjoy a little bit of special time with each cousin.  So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment