Sunday, June 8, 2014

Life is like a trampoline...

I learned a valuable lesson last weekend: Life is like a trampoline and you just have to take the ups w/ the downs...



I was having a fabulous time at my friend Quinn's house.  There were great friends, good food, bouncy trampoline.  Unfortunately for me, while Mom was trying to help out another little friend, I managed to make my way straight out the unzipped door.  I even managed to careen off my Mom a little which I think may have changed my path of flight from landing straight on my head to landing straight onto the top of my left shoulder.  It was quite obvious that something was not alright so we packed up and made a family trip to the GBMC ER.  The doc on call said I had the first kind of collar bone fracture he had ever seen in 30 yrs - a greenstick fracture right at the very end of the clavicle.  Very fancy words -  Mom showed me a picture and it looked just like my Doc McStuffins' game.  I was quite proud of that!  

Recovery Day 1

So after a LONG night at the ER (where I was a super trooper!) we finally made it home where the reality of a broken collar bone, having to wear a sling and an 11pm bedtime hit me hard and I lost it... and was still particularly pathetic the next day.  But by evening of that night, I was back on my A-Game having customized my sling w/ some snazzy duct tape and markers.  I am now rather taken w/ my sling and told Mom "I will wear it forever!  Well, at least until I'm cured."  I didn't really know how it would get better so I asked Mom how it will heal... "will it just grow back together?" I asked.  And Mom said that's exactly how it gets better so you just need to keep the bone as still as you can so it can grow back together.  Each night I think I can see the ends moving closer together.  I should be healed in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment