Sunday, August 17, 2014

Alena Jane!!!


We had a super-tastic visit w/ our cousin Alena last week.  She came to visit from Chicago w/ grandma and she stayed w/ us for 6 days!  Mom has never seen so much blonde hair or heard so many girly-giggles in one place before.  We played store, babies, hide and seek and played on the swing set - and that was just in the first afternoon.   Once we finally decided what the great outdoors could offer, we set our sights for Washington, DC since Alena had never been there before.  We scooped the loop on our favorite places, to include the Museum of Natural History where I immediately wanted to go see the "monkey people" exhibit again and see if I could figure out exactly how they fit into the history of "actual people."  I don't think I got much further in my quest for knowledge, but at least I'm getting quite familiar w/ the concept of adapting to environments - not bad for a rising-Kindergartener.  We also got to check out some important papers at the National Archives.

White House Photo-Op

Lincoln Memorial and WWII Memorial 


At the Washington Monument

Front steps of the National Archives (pre-popsicicles)

Post-popsicles!

After all that learning and restrained environments, AJ and I had to blow off some steam back at home w/ a friendly (but actually quite competitive) game of Wii Just Dance


Mom decided it will be an annual event and AJ will come visit for another week next summer!  Campbell and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment