Sunday, November 1, 2015

October Fun!

Once again it is has taken me a month to update our adventures, but that is only because we have been having so many adventures... ironic, isn't it?

October brought the close of our soccer leagues and we learned many things this year: (1) I am pretty awesome at "keeping the trash out of my yard'" aka, booming defensive kicks as a "brick wall."  I really like being a "scoring machine" and almost made a break-away goal in the second to last game, but the skills of the opposing goalie were too much.  Plus, when I play defense, I get to chat w/ my fellow brick walls, which I really like.  (2) Mom may have started Campbell's soccer career a little early, but she made some new friends and was excited to go to practice and games by the end of the season (mostly).  (3) Volunteer soccer coaches are some of the most dedicated and patient people on the planet.  We thank them so much!


A mid-October day off from pre-school allowed Dad to take Mom and Cam up for a plane ride.  It was Cam's first flight w/ Dad and Mom's first in over 15 years.  I wonder what took her so long to take another ride?  I had to go to school, but Dad promised me a ride soon.  Cam loved talking on the head set.  "Roger that!"


 That same week, we also got a long-overdue visit from Juliet - all the way from Minnesota.  Nama chaperoned a trip that brought 3 little blondies together for nearly a week.  We had so much fun w/ J and are now bugging Mom & Dad for a little sister.  Mom & Dad said to "enjoy Nala."

We were able to carve pumpkins last weekend on a beautiful Fall day.  I rolled up both sleeves and dug out my own pumpkin.  Our neighbor Kennedy helped me w/ the carving after I drew on my face.  Cam checked out as soon as her pumpkin was opened up and she saw the insides.  Kennedy's brother Logan helped mom with the rest of Campbell's.  As I said after a great afternoon, "I'm so glad we have such nice neighbors."

Nala got lots of yummy pumpkin scraps and seeds.

Carving Crew
What a great month and already looking forward to what November will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment