Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Spring is Here???


I'm surprised Grandpa hasn't scolded me yet for not updating the blog sooner.  He gets so anxious to read these posts that I cannot keep up with his requests!  While we do have some pictures of warm, sunny days and bright flowers, the majority of the spring has been cool and rainy.  The problem with that is my new-found love of lacrosse!  We've had a tough time getting our games and practices in this season.  I have some old friends from Goddard on my team and some new friends from other schools and I even have a teammate who rides the same bus as me.  Her name is Cate.   In lacrosse, the positions are Attack, "Middie" (mid-field) and Defense.  My absolute favorite is Middie because you get to cross all the lines and play both ends.  I love my coaches (especially Coach Stacey because she brings candy to the games and practices).  I scored the first goal of the first game of my very first lacrosse season.  That has to mean especially good luck to me and the rest of the Firecracker Eagles!


That's me in the white jersey doing the draw to start the game!
The next week I played goalie!

Go Hereford!
Campbell wrapped up another session of karate and completed her orange belt test.  Campbell really enjoyed it, but is looking forward to a new adventure... maybe swimming or gymnastics?  As you can see from the video - this is how Campbell has been spending most of her time at my practices and games:

She is pretty fearless at the top of that hill, even trying some cartwheels which mom did not get video of because she was holding her breath too much.  So for now, only cartwheels uphill.  Especially since Cam is getting ready for graduation and we don't want to have another graduation w/ a kid in a sling.



Nala is so tired because she is so busy GROWING all the time
Nala has been busy, too, as she returned to obedience training last week.  She has developed some tendencies of barking and poor leash manners - all things which make it difficult for other people to dog-sit her so Mom is firm on getting her back into ship-shape!  She has proven to be a good student, we just need to make sure Mom can pass the handler training...

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mommies in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment