Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mt Charleston

Last weekend the whole family decided to beat the heat and headed up to Mt Charleston, a quick 45 min drive to the northwest of Las Vegas. Mom and Dad thought it would be great for them to get a good hike in for some activity, but then they decided to let me roam about the mountain which meant we actually only covered about 50 yds while I asked about trees and flowers, scribbled my stick in the dirt and climbed and "jumped" off rocks. A little boy who seemed a bit more of a mountain-veteran than I am gave me a stick that he picked out especially for me.


After all that hard work, we had to refuel so we checked out the Lodge on top of the mountain for an early dinner. I was glad to see that someone finally got the corn dog right - the way it's meant to eaten - on a stick! Monday afternoon brought some more nature to me as they had pony rides at daycare. While I rode on the pony w/ one of my teachers holding onto me, I did not seem to enjoy it and was "quiet" during music class afterward. Anyone who has seen (or heard) me in music class before knows that the pony must have really gotten to me, because I am NOT quiet during music class. But I didn't seem too scarred by the experience because Mom and I talked about horses on the way home and I happily told her that horses say, "neigh, neigh, neigh." So all is right with the world again.

The countdown is on until Nama & Papa arrive! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment