Thursday, February 3, 2011

Odds and Ends

The weeks are ticking by and we've been busy not taking pictures of the family's adventures. Two weekends ago we spent the morning at the Lied Children's Museum here in Vegas, compliments of Uncle Phil's Christmas gift. We had great fun making gigantic bubbles, shopping in the grocery store and playing in the water table. Exhibits for which I did not care: the hurricane simulator - I do not like wind, and the auto shop - who needs a car where the doors don't open? All in all, a pretty entertaining 2 hours.

Last weekend while Mommy was at work, Dad and I went up to Mt Charleston w/ Mr Amtrak and his boys. Ethan and Everett and I had fun sledding on the mountain. It took a little coaxing and several falls, but I finally managed to work my way across the mountain - not on the sled, just on my feet! I took a couple trips in the sled w/ Dad then I was brave enough to try a few on my own. We took our lunches up there, too:


Sunday, we went to church and I convinced Mom and Dad to let me sit in church w/ them instead of in the daycare. I was very keen on the lady getting baptized, but then I lost interest and began crawling all over the chairs and emptying the contents of Mommy's purse. Luckily, we were in the unofficial "family circus" section so everyone understood. Mom said maybe another few Sundays in the daycare is in order. When we got home, I hosted a community reading in the hallway of some of my favorite books. Shhh, Bear is sleeping under the blanket.

On another note, I helped to get the new baby's room ready. I even donated some of my toys and blankets, but I'm having a harder time letting go of my crib. Thankfully, since I never learned how to climb out of my crib, I haven't figured out how to climb into the crib. The countdown is at 7 weeks... I'm so excited to be a big sister!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment