Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Shea-isms

Mom said I should share some of the things I've been saying lately w/ my blog audience so that people will understand what I'm trying to say when they hear me speaking. I don't know why anyone would have any trouble understanding my words or word choice, but I will indulge her anyway.

Mommy and me having breakfast early one morning...
Me: "Mommy, I wanna wook at Shea-Shea on 'puter" [Translation: Mom, I want to look at my blog on the computer.]
Mom (with a coffee and bagel half-eaten in front of her): "Not now, Shea. Shea-Shea on the computer is still sleeping."
Me (looking from the computer to Mommy and back): "No, this is me! I awake!"

Climbing into bed after 3 episodes of throwing up in bed over the course of 2 nights...
Me: "I no spit."
Mommy: "That's good, Shea. You shouldn't spit, it isn't very nice."
Me: "No, Mommy, no spit 'cuz my tummy is all better!"

Driving home from daycare...
Me: "Why seat empty?"
Mommy: "Campbell is at home w/ Grandpa. Do you miss her?"
Me: "Yeah, I wuv her. I wike Daddy, too."

Tuesday morning...

Me: "I wanna go chuch."
Mommy: "OK, Shea, we'll go to church on Sunday."
Me: "OK, I need Jeremy (stuffed giraffe), snacks, my doodle and we listen to story and the man. And we're very quiet."

On another note, I have been trying to get some updated pictures of Campbell, but she doesn't spend too much time w/ her eyes open so she doesn't look that much different. Grandpa caught Cam in an awake mood tonight so we quickly took some pics for the blog:


Campbell smiled at me twice the other day and is now making some sounds other than what Mommy calls her "siren." I told Mommy we're "best friends" now and Mom no longer has the luxury of knowing that Campbell is "too heavy" for me to lift - I have trained diligently and can easily lift her out of a peaceful slumber into my not-so-gentle two year-old arms for regular hugs and kisses.

Lastly, I have ushered in the Age of Why. Beginning yesterday, I have replaced "what that?" with "why?" But my trusty "what doing?" is still my favorite conversation starter. Look out world, here comes Shea-Shea!

No comments:

Post a Comment