Sunday, August 28, 2011

Food, earthquakes and hurricanes

Well, just as the title spells it out, it has been an eventful week around here. My sissy started some solid foods and seems to be just loving them. So far she has tried oatmeal, pears and squash. I even helped to feed her some. The addition has been good for Cam and it appears to be helping her sleep as well. She has returned to sleeping through the night (a phenomenon that had disappeared during months 3-5) and is still taking rock star naps. This has also pleased our new nanny who must figure she has happened upon the sweetest job in the world as her 8-hr work day is filled w/ about 5 hours of nap time by Campbell. Shelly will be taking care of Cam until they have a spot open for her at my school.

Speaking of school, last week during "nap time" (I had Mom put that in quotes since I don't really nap during nap time), I was just reading my book when my cot started to shake. It didn't really phase me, but since Mom was driving her car at the time she cursed the fact that she would have to get the car's alignment checked.... then about an hour after the fact she heard an earthquake had hit the area about 1.5 hrs southwest of us. No damage done, but an interesting introduction to our new environment. Of course, this was all followed by Hurricane Irene last night. She definitely left a mark on our area, but thankfully again, no damage done. Lots and lots of "breezy," a full day of rain and several trees down in the backyard and local streets but our house was safe and sound. It was quite the welcome to Maryland!

With the update complete, I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures from the last half of our summer vacation:

Me and one of my favorite people on earth, Cousin Alena

Painting w/ Amelia


Campbell says to Cousin Mia, "Are you sure you're only 3 days older than me?"

How Mom got through 5 wks of "single parenting"
Cam sleeping in the bar...

...and Me playing w/ guns at the end of the bar
There are still a few projects going around the house but we'll post some pictures really soon... of course, you could always just come out to see us, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment