Sunday, September 11, 2011

With all this rain, it has been hard to get out and explore our new home's surroundings but we've been making the best of it all. Last weekend between Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee we managed to sneak in a trip to the Maryland State Fair. Mom & Dad were a little disappointed from what they were used to seeing in a State Fair, but it was just right for Campbell and me. After riding the train to the Main Entrance we found the cow barn right away - I thought they were kind of stinky, but I still had a great time seeing all the animals. We also saw some pigs and baby chicks.
We skipped the rides and games since it was kind of a hot day for Campbell, but I was okay w/ that since I got 3 huge scoops of my favorite ice cream: mint chocolate chip. Mom thought we should have shared one after she saw how big they were, but I was able to eat just about every last bit of mine.

We already had some visitors out for a long weekend at the end of August and welcomed Nama, Papa, Auntie Fozie and Auntie Anne. We were all together to celebrate Uncle Phil's 65th birthday about 8 months after the fact, but I'm glad he waited for us. He had the best party that started out in a beautiful garden and ended w/ a pretty fancy dinner. It isn't everyday that I get to drink my chocolate milk from a real glass! Cam and I did great w/ a lot of help from all the party guests who took turns holding and entertaining both of us.


Cam and I made such a great impression on Uncle Phil's friends that they actually volunteered to babysit us so Mom & Dad could celebrate their 9-year anniversary earlier this month. Of course, they came out as a team of three but I think I still managed to tucker out the gang. They were great fun and I wanted them all to stay over and have breakfast w/ me in the morning, although I only offered Jack my bed - Luanne and Uncle Phil had to figure it out for themselves!

Campbell is doing just great and going through my old clothes very quickly. She is still pretty laid-back unless you put down the spoon or the bottle before she is done eating... then she finds that siren of hers that got so much work in her early weeks. Boy, she is L-O-U-D! I still love to help out, though, whether it's bath time or feeding or changing. Mom doesn't know how she made it through my infancy w/o a toddler around to pick up dropped items, fetch burp cloths or sing lullabyes. I guess she's just lucky she's got me this time around. Speaking of Cam, I dressed her in her baby flight suit in honor of the great work my Daddy and his friends do to protect us and defend our freedom. We were especially reminded of this today and although I was not around 10 years ago when life changed for so many people, I am thankful that there are brave heroes out there like my Daddy keeping us safe today.

No comments:

Post a Comment