Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Happy First Day of Winter?

So many things to wish people a "happy" day for that I missed on my Winter Hiatus. First, Happy Thanksgiving. I would just like to say that Mommy and Daddy put on an excellent Thanksgiving Dinner. We had so many people running around this house and then all at once, everyone sat down and it was quiet for a little bit. The only thing I could hear were clinking of plates and glasses. I tried most of the menu, but Cam was the one who told me that everything was very tasty. I think she liked the squash soup that Dad made the best, but a close second was the sweet potato delight that Mom made. I liked the turkey, but I got kind of sick of it after all those sandwiches and leftover turkey dinners... We had all kinds of guests, but my favorites that day were Brooke and Finn, our friends from PA. Here are me and Brooke:


After Turkey Day was Mom's Birthday. We celebrated w/ some good work around the house and then Dad took Mom out for the night to his squadron's Christmas "Sweater" Party. Mom always puts "hand quotes" around that when she tells the story. Anyway, Mom found the perfect sweater on sale at Kohls and Dad donned a brand new bow tie w/ his snowflake sweater and off they went. Mom said she had a great time, but was a little disappointed when she found out that apparently the rest of the squadron over the age of 27 do not participate in the "sweater" part of the "sweater party." Even after multiple times of checking w/ Dad, he assured her it was an event shared by all... but I guess not b/c Mom was a little underdressed in her Snowmen Sledding sweater and Holiday socks. Oh well. What a better time to meet everyone, right? Hmm, I couldn't find any pictures of that one...

Anyway, after Mom's birthday FINALLY came my birthday and the parade of gifts has not stopped yet. Grandma and Grandpa came into town for the party at my house. I had friends from Mommy and Daddy's work come, too, to wish me a Happy 3rd Birthday. Boy, I had a great time.
And Happy 9-month birthday to Cam this month who everyday gets treated more and more like a Little Sister. She had a great check-up and tipped the scales at 19lb, 2 oz (50-75%) but they didn't have a tape measure long enough for her at 29 3/4 inches (99+%)! I told her that's okay, but they had to put two tape measures together for me, too, to get all of my 41 inches. The doctor said I'm taller than most 4-year olds and some small 5-year olds! Way to go Kanning Girls and Happy 9 months, Sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment