Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year to You

2011 was full of wonderful events and I was so glad that I could spend the last few days of the year w/ some of my favorite people: my MN cousins! Cam and I had so much fun that I don't think I stopped smiling the entire vacation. There was a big lead up to the trip, of course, because I knew we were going to the airport, but the day that we actually packed up and got into the car finally came on Christmas Eve. We valiantly survived the chaos of two kids, ski gear, Christmas presents, 3 bags and multiple distractions of various origin for the plane (of which I used only my Doodle and Leapster) and we certainly were NOT the most train-wreck of a family that day (Dad was so proud)! We had a great flight and hit the ground running once arriving in MN. I was happy to go to church w/ Nama & Papa and the Duehr Family and then a little family time around the fire.
Christmas Day started w/ a bang as Cam & I got up to check our stockings to see that Santa found us in MN! I got a brand new, "loud-but just a little bit loud"-garbage truck, some cars and a note from Santa showing me what he left for Cam & me at our house in Baltimore - a brand new play kitchen! Campbell was very excited w/ her pear and we had a great morning waiting for Hope, Natalia & Juliet to arrive so we could break out the Ranger and tubes!!! Only one problem... no snow! Well Papa, Dad and Uncle Jeremy would not be stopped by Mother Nature so they toted us down to the swamp and pulled us on the (partially?) frozen ice.
Oh, I had SO MUCH FUN! Of course it did take me a bit to figure out walking on ice - can you blame me? - okay, I never really figured it out but I at least managed to make it back to the house in one piece and back in front of the fire w/ the girls.

Christmas continued for me as I had my very first official sleepover w/ Hope & Natalia (with whom I was connected at the hip for the week). A few days later we made a true family road trip and caravanned up to Lutsen, MN where I was to make my skiing debut... pictures to come.

The plane ride back was thankfully uneventful and we made it back and into bed by 9pm on New Year's Eve and Mom crashed shortly after. Dad woke her up for the ball to drop and the entire house was dark and quiet by 12:15am on the first day of 2012. What is it they say, "In like a lamb and out like a lion?"

More on our trip from Lutsen once Auntie Anne sends us some pics! "See you later, Crocodile!"

No comments:

Post a Comment