Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day and Sister Fun

We had a nice, quiet Mother's Day celebration around here which started out pretty slowly for Mom.  For starters, Campbell and I both agreed to sleep in a little bit.  And when I finally decided to head out of my room and look for Mom I told her I wanted help in making my bed.  I have very strict guidelines for bed-making that need to be followed and I could not do it on my own.  When Mom tried to help, she could not do it properly either so I had to give her step-by-step instructions as we made the bed together.  We did a pretty good job, but I could tell Mom had a hard time walking away from the bed when I finally pronounced that our job was successfully completed.  I don't think that she liked that I made the bed w/ all my stuffies still underneath the covers.  How else are they supposed to stay warm and cozy?  Speaking of being snug as a bug in bed, last night when I saying goodnight to Cam, I told her "Goodnight! No bug bites!"

Campbell and I are really starting to find some favorite games that we like to play.  Our most favorite is "Make Sissy Laugh" where I act wild and crazy and then run at Cam really fast.  This lasts for dozens of minutes at a time, several times a day.   Mom caught the finale of one of our sessions.  Keep in mind that Campbell really is laughing in the footage and also I got into trouble for getting a little too caught up in the game when I threw my crayon at the very end...

 

Also speaking of new fun, last week after Mom tucked me into bed she came right back in a few minutes later and said she had to show me something.  I thought what could it be because I was nearly asleep and I wasn't too keen on my beauty rest being infringed upon... but she wouldn't say what it was and just carried me right out the front door, down the front yard and out to the road.  And lo and behold:

A hot air balloon had landed right in our field!



Mom was pretty excited about it but I think I was just a little too close to dreamland to be impressed by the whole thing.  She asked me if I have ever seen a hot air balloon before and I told her, "Yes, Poppy Cat rides around in one w/ her friends."  That's when Mom decided I watch too much Sprout when I start quoting from shows even she has never seen. 

Here's a recently learned lesson, don't leave your hats (or anything resembling something that could be a hat) lying around the floor.  Campbell will pick it up and try it on:

With the summer ramping up into full-swing I've caught baseball fever and it appears I am a natural lefty.  Mom showed me how to hold the bat and after a few whiffs, I took up an opposite stance and connected on the next pitch.  I'm figuring I'm batting about .125 right now but that number is steadily increasing as I've been practicing nearly every evening since we brought out the bat and ball.  The only interference is that Briggs seems to really like my baseball and I think she thinks Mom is throwing it for her when she is pitching to me - luckily the only one who has gotten hurt so far is Mom when Briggs just got so excited she jumped into the back of my unsuspecting mother.  Briggs packs a wallop, but I've got one tough Mommy.  She got Briggs to sit on the blanket w/ Cam and watch the rest of batting practice!  If I'm not playing baseball, you can find me on my swing - it's my favorite outdoor place to be:

I think this is going to be one great summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment