Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stairs, Weddings and Spring

April was a busy month for us but you would never know it based on our photo archive.  This was the fewest number of pictures from which I had to choose in a given month for my blog.  My photographer's hands have been pretty full lately so I'll give her a pass but she needs to step it up next month if this blog wants to continue at the level of success that is now expected by my readers... Mom, consider yourself warned...

Over the last month, Campbell has hit some more milestones - she is helping to get herself dressed by putting her arms into her shirt, she has mastered climbing up (not so much climbing down) stairs and she has mastered the art of wriggling away from Mom during diaper changes.  She no longer has time to sit still to get changed and she finds the whole act rather tiresome.  She now whines in protest any time you walk w/ her into her room b/c she knows it's likely time to change or time to go to bed.  She's super good at waving and saying "hi" but she keeps practicing anyway; and she's really getting the hang of the words "ball" (bah) and "Shea" (say) and more importantly using them appropriately!  I'm so proud of her!  The other day we came home from school and were all playing outside.  I took turns between rolling down the hill in our front yard and "helping" Cam stand up in the grass.

"Smile, Everyone!"
No, I said "SMILE!"
"Ugh, nevermind, it doesn't matter."
Also last month at school I had several weddings.  That's right, weddings.  I married my "prince" Gil.  I told Mommy that he is my prince because he is special.  When Mom asked me what made Gilly so special, I told her it was because he is my friend and he is married to me.  So now Gilly and I exchange flowers from our gardens on a regular basis.  Mom is keeping her eye on Gil, but her theory is is that he is harmless... She thinks I have chosen Gil to be my husband because he is such a good listener.

Flowers from my Prince
Another good listener is my friend, Jack.  He and Uncle Phil and Miss Lou Ann come over to play and he is such a sport about all of my pretend games that we play.  Sometimes I forget that maybe he is here to see other people besides me, so I am working on my manners to make sure that other people WANT to play w/ me.  When my friend Layla came to visit last month I told Mommy to have her bring all her toys and her lip gloss, but Mom informed me that it's nice manners to let her play w/ my toys when I invite her to my house.  So, instead I told Layla she can bring her toys and her lip gloss "if she wants."


With all the busy-ness around the house, I have to make sure that things stay somewhat organized so I've taken to using Post-It notes for help:



We're looking forward to Nama's visit in a few weeks.  Now that we have a calendar in my room I can count off the days until she is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment