Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad and Other Important Milestones

A special happy birthday to the best Dad in the whole world!  Campbell and I are so lucky to have a dad that laughs w/ us, teaches us, builds cool stuff w/ us, repairs broken stuff for us and loves us more than any kid can stand.  Here's to a special day, Daddy.  We love you!!!

And now we should all be able to remember what age Campbell was when she officially walked.  Although it's been about a 2-week process, Mom has officially declared Campbell to be a "walker" with the qualifier of "with bad balance."  She has made some awesome strides (no pun intended) in the last few weeks with her toddling and I am so proud of her.  I've been practicing w/ her all the time and it seems I am destined to be a coach - or Campbell is a very fast learner.  Either way, she brightens my day when I see her walking and I wanted to make sure we could see the progression from start to finish.  She started standing briefly by herself on Mother's Day and two weeks ago took these first "steps":

 
The following weekend she figured out how to get herself started:

 
Then last weekend she problem-solved a way to conserve more of the energy to walk by using a booster step:


I love when Cam walks and I am her biggest cheerleader.  And along with her emerging motor skills have come her sense of humor and recognition of Briggs.  On both accounts Campbell has been extremely busy the last few weeks and our days have been busier, louder and happier than ever.  Briggs may not be as excited as I am, but she is still a trooper and lets Cam explore her fur, nose, eyelashes and tail.  She's such a good dog.  Campbell still needs to work on those sign language skills, though, as Mom is worried about Campbell developing early tendinitis in her pointer finger.

Summer may not be here yet officially but with a couple of rounds of corn on the cob under my belt and all the water-play activities starting at daycare, summer is here as far as I'm concerned!


No comments:

Post a Comment