Thursday, October 25, 2012

Swiss Family Robinson

We had a terrific trip to Massanutten, VA last week with 3 generations on both sides of the family spending some quality time together.  There were arts and crafts where Campbell and I tye-dyed various items and on a separate occasion made pillows; I learned how to play air hockey and Campbell learned how to walk up and down stairs holding a railing or a helpful hand; I rode along on my first go-kart race but I think my favorite thing from our trip was the playground that was just steps from our door.  Not only did it have super-cool slides and monkey bars but it was a revolving door of kids!!!  I stayed there for 3 hours one afternoon with Grandma and I think we ran through every kid that was staying at Massanutten in that time.  Some were friendly and talked w/ me right away, others I had to wear down w/ my persistence and the ones that I just could not seem to break the ice I simply informed them of all the playground rules they were breaking.

Campbell has begun to really exercise her right to say "no" lately which as drawn both the laughter and ire from Mom (I had to ask Mom what "ire" meant).  We're finding that she can be quite stubborn and while still easily distracted from her immediate negative response, she generally holds firm to her guns and is quick to remember her original position on the subject at hand.  She is also perfecting her somersault and I am more than happy to give her a shove if she gets stuck.  She has been taking care of all the babies in the house, at least the ones that I allow her to have access.  She gives Briggsy hugs and kisses each morning and every night but will quickly sell Briggs out when she follows Cam around for any potential drops of food.  And she is getting FAST.  While it took her a few extra months to get her feet under her compared to me, it might actually be a pretty close race between the two of us these days.  We have bath time races a few times a week but I am generally saved from any embarrassment by the aforementioned distractability and a premature "go" from my mouth.


We're gearing up for Halloween and we are all set w/ our pumpkins and our costumes.  Cam will be resurrecting one of my old "awesome" costumes and I will be sporting a piece-meal effort that Mom has been working on for the last few weeks.  I was able to give it the big "thumbs-up" last night so we are all set.  Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment