Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Guess Who's 4?

ME!  I finally turned four years old after what seemed like endless questions of "when will I be 4?"  I finally rounded the corner last Friday.  What a great weekend to turn 4: Grandma & Grandpa were here, the Givens Family was here and my teacher, Miss Sarah, also had a birthday on December 7.  I mean, really, can it get any better?  Well, let me tell you, it did!  I opened a huge round of gifts on my birthday morning before I went to school.  Hello Kitty items littered the floor as I tore through my gifts, but the grand finale of the morning was my gift from my friend Amelia and her family.  It was an ENTIRE box full of dress up things: hats, jewelry, dresses, fairy wings and a treasure chest to keep them all.  Cam and I had so much fun pulling everything out of the box:



When my Chicago cousins got here later that day, Alena and I had a fashion show and I was able to put on all my dress up clothes and have Alena announce the theme for each one.  It was a terrific show and I finally got to put all the "model walk" practice into good use.  We were a hit!
AJ and I in our "regular" clothes
On Sunday we celebrated my birthday some more w/ a party at the Irvine Nature Center w/ all of my school friends.  I greeted each one at the door w/ a hug and the party got into full swing pretty quickly.  We listened to a story, played games, had arts & crafts and then got to meet lots of live animals.  Our teacher, Miss Rose, was so awesome!  She kept 10 kids ages 4-and-under occupied for over 1.5 hrs.  Everyone, including the parents, said they had a good time.  And after the fun, we enjoyed food from one of my favorite restaurants... Subway!  And I had a Hello Kitty chocolate cake.  Seriously, life doesn't get much better than that.
Miss Rose brought out the corn snake.  Despite my initial surprise that there was a real snake in that bag, I touched her!

Holding the salamander - he was "sticky and smooth"


I had so much fun w/ Alena and Mia at the house all weekend.  Mia kind of explored on her own, but I think I was her favorite in the house.  She was definitely curious of Campbell, but I got her to smile the most.  Alena and I spent about 95% of her visit downstairs in my playroom.  She is amazing at playing pretend and we had all kinds of things set up in the basement: a school, a bank w/ a cafe, a boutique toy shop, a carnival, an obstacle course... just to name a few.  After all the excitement wound down after our guests left, I felt the best way to settle back into our routine was to read Briggsy a story before bedtime:


Thanks to all who sent wishes, gifts or spent some time w/ me on my birthday.  It was definitely the best one yet!  I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for me!!!

1 comment:

  1. She is so grown up Lisa! Happy Birthday to Shea from the Uffelmans far far away ~ kylie

    ReplyDelete