Monday, February 4, 2013

Congratulations, Ravens!

I guess all my Super Bowl partying last week at school paid off - the Ravens were the best team yesterday!  I even put together a "Spectacular Football Show" for Mom and Dad prior to kickoff to show my support.  Campbell did her best helping.  Ultimately, after all the hype, the "show" boiled down to everyone sitting on a designated pillow in the family room and listening to a story but I know that every little bit of fanfare helps!  We had a great party last Friday at school, too, although I didn't realize at the time that it was also a party for the Ravens.  I just thought it was in honor of Purple Friday.  I'll be sad that Purple Fridays will be on-hold until next season, but I'm sure glad the Ravens won!

The weather here lately has been pretty undpredictable w/ 70's one week, torrential rain the next, followed by snow showers last week.  Campbell and I have been trying to make the most of each of the varieties, but there was never quite enough snow to enjoy.





Cambpell using some of her new-found Terrible Two's Refusing Power

Cam and I dissecting owl pellets at the Harrisburg Kid's Museum

"Cheese!"

Campbell and I are typically pretty inseparable - I have managed to teach her all my favorite "games" around the house: "Hiding" - where we put as much stuff in the bath tub that we could possibly need and wait for someone to find us, "school" - where Campbell gets to play in "housekeeping" while I, the teacher, do my "daily's," and "Foo" - where as far as Mom can tell, we just get down Campbell's changing pad and put different stuffies to sleep on it for various periods of time while rubbing their backs or reading them a story.  "Foo" is one of Campbell's favorites.  But Campbell is getting a little less willing to play all of my games and now is playing some of her own, such as, "see if she can bug me as much as she can while I am watching TV or playing w/ my Leapster."  She thinks it's really funny to take something of value to me and race off w/ it in her hands.  Or she is constantly wrangling people to play "Rosie" so we all, including Briggs, stop what we're doing and play a quick game of Ring-Around-the-Rosie.  No matter what we play, we get along pretty well for a set of sisters.


No comments:

Post a Comment