Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Big Red House 2013

Well, as you may know, it was just Dad & me who made it to the Big Red House in northern WI last month.  It has become a (nearly) annual event that Uncle Smitty started when he and my Dad were in college together.  The get-togethers have changed quite a bit over the years from when it was just the guys to when Uncle Smitty somehow got some of the Marquette Women's Basketball team to go up there with him to now all of us 2nd Generationers determining the schedule of events around the house. I have been looking forward to this trip since last year when Amelia and I got to have a sleepover for 4 straight days... in the same room!  So, this year I knew what it was all about the moment we arrived after parting ways w/ Mom & Cam in the Dells.  Amelia was waiting for us in the hammock out front:


We hit the pontoon boat right away and never stopped.  I loved swimming in the lake - so much so that I didn't even mind the Swimmer's Itch - until Amelia mentioned how itchy she was.  And, oh boy, did I feel itchy after that, too!  But that didn't stop us and by the next day we were jumping off the boat into the lake:


And riding Big Mable:


I even tried out a water skiing trainer off the back of one of the wave runners!  I HAD A BLAST!!!  When they finally dragged us out of the water, we had more fun learning how to fish, writing letters to the resident mermaids of the lake and miniature golfing.






We had so much fun and made so many great memories that Mom & Dad are convinced the tradition will live on again next year.  After all, we are the Second Generation and we have a reputation to uphold.

Amelia, me and her brother, Cameron having some ice cream at Cathy's in St Germain, WI

The Whole Gang (almost): Auntie Sandra, Uncle Shawn, Everett, Amelia,  Uncle Smitty & Cameron on Lake Content

No comments:

Post a Comment